On Tuesday the 7th of April the Palmerston North Rescue Helicopter was dispatched to a farm property near Eketahuna shortly after 3.20pm. The flying conditions were fine throughout the trip to Eketahuna.
A 21-month-old child had suffered minor chemical burns to his mouth and throat after ingesting washing powder at the family home.
The young boy was treated at the scene by the onboard Intensive Care Paramedic – Dewet, before being flown to Palmerston North Hospital as a precaution and for further observation.
We here at the Palmerston North Rescue Helicopter have a policy of keeping the media informed of our work. We do this as a service to the media and in an effort to raise our profile with the public to assist with our fundraising campaigns. Our service is only possible because of sponsor support and donations. We appreciate seeing our name in any stories utilising information supplied by us.