The Waikato Westpac Rescue Helicopter was dispatched to Te Kuiti to retrieve an 18-month old boy.
The 18-month old sustained first and second degree burns to his head, neck, and arm when he accidentally spilled boiling water on himself.
Accompanied by his mother, he was airlifted to Waikato Hospital to undergo immediate medical attention.
We here at the Waikato Westpac Rescue Helicopter have a policy of keeping the media informed of our work. We do this as a service to the media and in an effort to raise our profile with the public to assist with our fundraising campaigns. Our service is only possible because of sponsor support and donations. We appreciate seeing our name in any stories utilising information supplied by us.