Boy accidentally swallows battery | Philips Search and Rescue Trust


Read More

Boy accidentally swallows battery

The Trustpower TECT Rescue Helicopter was dispatched Waihau Bay at 5pm on Sunday 1 April, where a 10-year-old boy who was playing around with batteries had accidentally swallowed one.

Due to the corrosive nature of the battery and the likely injuries, the Trustpower TECT Rescue Helicopter was tasked to pick up the boy from Waihau Bay Fire Station and transport him to Tauranga Hospital for assessment and treatment. 

Philips Rescue Helicopters, Trust Power TECT Rescue Helicopter base, Tauranga, Wednesday 26 April 2017. Photo: Stephen Barker/Barker Photography.
©Philips Search & Rescue Trust


We Need You

Your support ensures rescue helicopters are available to your community.
Your rescue helicopter can be airborne in 10 minutes and, in a life or death situation, this speed and agility can make all the difference. The timely assistance that rescue helicopters provide can reduce disability and improve survival – the sooner treatment begins, the greater chance of patient recovery.

We are partially funded by a government contract with National Ambulance Sector Office (NASO). We rely heavily on the generosity of sponsors and the community to help fund the shortfall that allows us to be rescue ready 24/7, 365 days of the year. This crucial financial support ensures our rescue helicopter can continue to bring life-saving equipment, rescue personnel, and intensive care paramedics directly to the patient.

Without your support, your rescue helicopter would not be able to remain operational on a 24/7, 365 day a year basis. This could mean a serious delay in people being rescued or transported to hospital for urgent treatment.

Support your rescue helicopter and make a lifesaving difference.

Saving Lives, Together.

Sign up to our newsletter