On Saturday afternoon the Waikato Westpac Rescue Helicopter was tasked to Waiheke Island.
The crew landed at the scene for a 79-year-old male, he was assessed by the onboard Intensive Care Paramedic and it was identified that the man had suspected Carbon monoxide poisoning.
He was airlifted to Auckland Hospital for immediate medical attention.
We here at the Waikato Westpac Rescue Helicopter have a policy of keeping the media informed of our work. We do this as a service to the media and in an effort to raise our profile with the public to assist with our fundraising campaigns. Our service is only possible because of sponsor support and donations. We appreciate seeing our name in any stories utilising information supplied by us.