The Greenlea Rescue Helicopter was dispatched to the Kaimanawa Range on Wednesday 22 March, to a woman who had injured her knee while tramping.
The woman was extracted by the rescue helicopter and flown to Taupo Hospital for treatment.
The Greenlea Rescue Helicopter has also flown several other missions in the past seven days, including:
- A callout to a man involved in a car accident near Turangi. The man was transported to Waikato Hospital in a serious condition.
- A callout to a man involved in a motorbike vs motorbike accident in the Tongariro National Park. The man was transported to Rotorua Hospital with suspected spinal injuries.
- A man suffering a medical emergency who was flown to Waikato Hospital for treatment.
- A young woman who was flown to Rotorua hospital with suspected neck injuries.
- A callout to extracted woman from Mt Tongariro to following a hiking fall. The woman was transported to Taupo Hospital for treatment.
- A callout to the Tongariro Cross for a man suffering a leg injury. He was transported to Rotorua Hospital for treatment.
- A callout to Turangi for a man suffering from a cardiac condition. He was flown to Rotorua Hospital for treatment.